[meteorite-list] Metal Detecting (off topic)

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:40:03 EST

This has nothing to do with meteorites, but I know there's a fair number of
treasure hunters on this list. My brother sent me this short message
yesterday. I got a kick out of it and perhaps others will to.
GeoZay

>>Well I went Metal detecting this afternoon. Had to Climb over the 6'
fence, I felt old after that. Found two more rings today, for a total of 15
sofar. One has a small stone set in a gold ring, the other was a class ring from
1972. It had 10K printed inside and A big letter "G" on the face. also, I
found a gold medallion that had Kings Treasure Medallion Lic, with a shield on
the front. It looked really good until you turn it over and seen the words
LEGOLAND , made in China. It's about 2" in diameter. And the rest of the
finds was about $3.78 in nickel, dime, and quarters. Well it's time to kick
back. see you later bubba.<<