[meteorite-list] you really never know what you have, till you really loo...

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:16:53 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2007 6:12:28 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
nlehrman at nvbell.net writes:
Gang,

It'll be fun to see who can type fastest when it is
posted with a $0.01 Buy-it-now!!

Regarding the fusion crust, I have been shopping for a
nice Tatahouine, and I have been surprised at how many
little fragments actually do have tiny patches of
fusion crust. It's mostly at a hand-lens scale, but
more often than not, there is a bit present.

Cheers (and fast typing!)
Norm
http://TektiteSource.com

It is rare to find any crust on Tatahouines.
But it does happen, and then the crust is not black but ash-gray.
Take a look:

        _http://www.impactika.com/crustedTat1.jpg_
(http://www.impactika.com/crustedTat1.jpg)
        _http://www.impactika.com/crustedTat2.jpg_