[meteorite-list] Odd Lights, Low Sounds Cause Stir in Maine

From: edward moore <edward_f_moore_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:28:38 -0800 (PST)

  Hi

  There was a fall / find a few years back, 1978. Meteorite impacted a guys garage in Yarmouth Maine, just north of Portland. Also there were 2 finds along a beach. A man found one then a few years later found another, whether same fall or a new one I dont know. Not sure where this one was, might be one of the ones listed below, nor do I remember where I read this story, so could be way off on the details.

  Ed

  http://www.scarboroughmaine.com/slct/referen/a03/rp1003.html

http://www.maine.gov/doc/nrimc/mgs/explore/minerals/sites/mar99.htm

  Ed

> Hello All,
>

> This would be Maine's 5th fall of a meteorite if something should be
> found:
>
> Andover - Castine - Nobleborough - Searsmont - Walnut Hill (find)
>

> Regards,
>
> Bernd

Need Mail bonding?