[meteorite-list] Odd Lights, Low Sounds Cause Stir in Maine

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:59:59 -0700

No, the color is caused by oxygen in the atmosphere. Most low velocity
fireballs are seen as green. Faster fireballs are brighter, and the
"white" blackbody radiation often swamps the fainter green, although
green may still be seen in the trail.

Anyway, nothing odd in your seeing two green fireballs.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com