[meteorite-list] eBay Hassles

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:35:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi Steve,

It does seem that they are taking a double bite, but that is just
business. Their inability to help me has been frustrating. I did,
however, get an excellent piece of info from Mark M., who told me, "You
can request the bidders contact information on the advanced search
screen on ebay."

I tried it and it works. You input the eBay username and the item number
for the auction and you get back the bidders contact info via email, phone
number and all - and the bidder gets the same info. I've already used
this to clear up a bad feedback I received. The seller mis-fed the info
to my account instead of someone who had not paid. But I am still trying
to get thru the the buyer who breached the contract and then insists on
paying over and over again. We'll see if that one can be cleared up.

Good info to have. Thanks Mark.

Gary