[meteorite-list] AUCTION RESULTS - Blood and Lang

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:44:10 -0600

Jim wrote" All this discussion has convinced me that perhaps I have been
looking at the
posting of auction hammer prices incorrectly. I now SUPPORT the posting of
the prices.

However, I do feel that they should be posted by the people actually running
the auction as an OFFICIAL record of the auction results. This should be
done with the specifications of the auction lot as well for clarification on
the quality of the piece offered."

I agree with Jim. I understand the problems with posting prices. People
seem to think the lowest price they ever see a meteorite sell is what it is
worth, which is strange, as they understand the highest price is a fluke.
So while I saw no problems in the past, I now think auction prices should be
posted to keep things clear and honest.

One can also ask, should my absentee bid be what I pay if I won, or should
it be the next increment over the previous highest bid?

Clear Skies,
Mark