[meteorite-list] New FALL in Turkey

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:46:19 -0800 (PST)

One reason would be that Turkey might in fact be the
most dangerous country in the world to remove a
meteorite from. Turkey has extreme laws about removal
of ANYTHING! People I know say that at the airports
there are warnings about removing even a pebble or sea
shell. Jail sentances are handed down for people
caught at the airport removing pieces of "cultural
treasures" and I think that they might not like their
newest meteorite fall leaving the country in a
carry-on.
I am going to pass on this one!
Michael farmer

http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=477