[meteorite-list] Meteorites Dealer/Collectors

From: Bill <glixard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:00:50 -0800

Hi All,

This thread is way overdue. I'll never understand why an unknown entity from anywhere at all has the gall to expect cash on the barrelhead, up front, on the very first transaction. I'm sorry but, "I'm a very honest man and I assure you... blah, blah, blah," isn't much better than a Nigerian scam. The images of "fresh black stones" are insulting.

When I try to negotiate, I feel I'm being played as if the seller has assumed that I am wealthy, greedy and I assume the seller is ignorant. I can only imagine how many list members have been disappointed by some of these guys who clearly prey on us exclusively. If a man like Rob can get ripped off, what chance does someone new have?

I've been pretty lucky and it was just dumb luck, that I dealt with a few very honest Moroccan dealers. Shame on the others.

They really need to organize an International Moroccan Collectors Association.

Bill