[meteorite-list] The NJO/science project

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 04:32:56 +0000

I like the term "entuberated". I will have to pass that along to one of my
friends who, like those teens, is fascinated by archaic and unconventional
armament. He has built a spud gun, a ballista, a trebuchet, several Tesla
projects, and is active in the SCA; while he always practices as much safety
as possible, some of his experimental weapons have equally unconventional
results. One of the more notorious stories involves a homemade cannon, New
Year's Eve, and 3 slightly drunk friends involved in loading said cannon.
The end result, while non-damaging, hurled the cannon off its truck and
deafened at least a block radius.

I can easily see someone who, while experimenting with a homemade rail gun
or some such, "lost" a projectile and is reluctant to 'fess up, especially
when property damage is involved.

Tracy Latimer