[meteorite-list] New Meteorwrong Photo Gallery, 100s of photos

From: Joe <kerchner420_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:15:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,
  I have been taking, editing, and uploading many many meteorite and meteorwrong photos. In doing so I have created one of the biggest meteorwrong photo collection that I have ever seen. These are all good meteorwrongs, I have tossed all of the ones that do not really resemble a meteorite. Some of these may actually be meteorites, but for now they will stay in the meteorwrong collection. I have found almost all of these in Illinois, USA. Some have been purchased on EBay, both as meteorites and meteorwrongs.
   I put this page togather to help people figure out what meteorites look like, and alos what meteorwrong look like, this way people will not waste thier time picking up and analyzing terrestrial stone that look like meteorites. I have also done this because I enjoy collecting meteorwrong for a couple of reasons, one is that it reminds me of all of the time I have put in hunting and soo few meteorite finds to show for it, It also helps me recognise a meteorite/meteorwrong in the field so I do not waste my time. Also I just like to see lots of photos of meteorites and meteorwrongs.
   I hope that all of you enjoy this gallery as much as I do. I also hope that this works as an educational tool for some people who are starting out hunting meteorites, or even experienced hunters.

Here is a link to the Meteorwrong Photo Gallery:
http://illinoismeteorites.com/meteorwrongs.htm

Happy Hunting!!!
Enjoy,
Joe Kerchner