[meteorite-list] Anyone else sick of the New Jersey object?

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 08:27:48 -0800 (PST)

I don't know about the rest of the list, but I am sick
of hearing about this "meteorite". It has not been
cut, not been anylized, and not been confirmed, yet
the whole world is calling it a meteorite. To me this
thing stinks. Something is fishy about the whole
story.
What amazes me is that when a real meteorite falls,
like MOSS in in Norway, a little chatter occurs, then
silence. But now that some probable fake meteorite
hits a house, it keeps going for weeks on end.
Until this supposed meteorite is cut, and classified,
can we please drop it?
Michael Farmer