[meteorite-list] Samples

From: Ingo Herkstroeter <metopaster_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:41:54 +0100

Hi John, List!

John, I think your observation is absolutely correct. Same game here in
Germany: You can be happy, if you find someone, who will make
classification of OCs especially if they aren't very fresh or very
small.
Maybe we will have better times (in this point), if the NWA rush is over
completely...

For me it's not important how long a classification will take, only that
I will get it someday. I've learned that years are common...
But I think it's a shame for the meteorite community, if you become
treated like Andy or others, who have described their experiences here:
If you send in samples again and again and they go lost again and again,
or never become answer, what should on think about the scientist than?
It's not important, if you pay for classification or not in my opinion.
If someone starts a job, he has to finish it or make clear, why he can't
do so and try to look for alternatives. If the job can't be done you
have to get back all your samples: They are still your property...

Happy and healthy New (and meteorite fall rich) Year! 'Guten Rutsch'

Ingo

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----