[meteorite-list] Tucson 08

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:19:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike -

It looks to me like the various parties in Tucson (not
you and the other dealers) are trying to milk this
event for all its worth, and will end up killing the
goose that laid the golden egg.

Given the suite rents, IMO, the dealers are being
reduced to break even on the event. Their profit right
now is mainly in networking, aside from the very
highest end items where the expense of Tucson do not
affect the buyers wallets. But still...

Mexico Doug stayed down in Benson, I tried Casa
Grande;
Coolidge near the ruins would have been better, for me
anyway.

I'm sure everyone will be working over the next months
to try to get their costs down.

have a great show anyway,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas