[meteorite-list] Samples

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:32:59 -0600

Hi Pete,

It is 20% of less than 100 grams;
20 grams if more than 100 grams.

So if we grossed up the 90 grams it would not be 112.5 grams per guidelines,
but rather 110 grams. However, if we read the email, it seems the writer
seemed not to believe any was removed from the 90 grams yet, so the correct
amount was originally stated, at 18g...which would leave the finder with
72g.

Of course these are only guidelines and the best policy is to donate 80% to
science and keep the 20 grams/20% for yourself :-)

Best wishes and Happy Holidays,
Doug