[meteorite-list] Mammoth Stew: end

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 00:19:04 -0800

E.P.,
After reading your last post, I've simply come to decide that this is
no longer worth the time.
Your selective replies, paired with your faulty logic - and failure to
even think or reason in a logical manner has left me with little hope
of ever bringing you to your senses.
I met with a few meteorite enthusiasts today, and those that had
followed along were generally of the same opinion as those who have
sent me emails, all of which generally stated that I wouldn't get
anywhere by trying to use reason on you.

I need only to point out a single question that you asked of me to
destroy your entire argument: "What other possibilities are there for
either set of data?"
The answer: I don't know.
I honestly can't give you one. But the fact of the matter is that you
can't prove that either an airburst or ice-impact occurred without, in
all likelihood, several years, if not decades of intense geological
field studies, and this seems to be the point on which our
methodologies differ.
You say "there's cosmic dust, and no crater - must be an airburst or
ice impact."
I say, "there's cosmic dust and no crater - must be...well, we don't
know for sure quite what yet, but we have some good ideas, and given
time, we'll see."

Your use of questionable evidence such as native american stories and
those mammoth tusks with bits of iron in them (you used them as though
they consisted of reputable evidence for the formation of the 31kBCE
dust layer in your last email, when we've already proven that this
cannot be the case...the same goes for so much more of your
evidence...phew), in the face of your simple lack of any good evidence
supporting either of your impact/airburst theories just isn't
something that I feel need to be addressed further; they say enough on
their own.

I can go on, but I won't. Reply if you will; I know that everyone
else on here is with me and awaits your reply, if not with a smile at
what you'll say, then with a smile for no other reason than that they
won't have to worry their delete button for much longer.

Merry Christmas,
Jason