[meteorite-list] Another meteorite claim

From: Ron <faceter01_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:43:20 -0500

As a person who also collects minerals (NO, they aren't as you say common
worthless rocks) as well as smaller meteorites (no, I can't collect the
million dollar meteorites like you apparently do), that's a bit of an
ARROGANT statement don't you think? We all make the same mistake at one time
or another.
Unless of course as I'm finding out every day I'm on this list, we're
Michael Farmer.

Ron

> so sad to see delusional people who think that their
> common worthless rock is worth millions.
> If Randall is involved with this new "Venus
> Meteorite", then this will be a hoot and a holler!
> Sit back and enjoy the ride.
> Michael Farmer
> --- Ken Newton <magellon at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > This is a photo of basalt from Mike's pen pal, Mr.
> > Gregory.
> > (And 'Yes', basalt can have a magnetic attraction.)
> >
> http://meteorite-identification.com/images/basalt-close.jpg
> >
> > And basalt from the (not) venusmeteorite site
> > (now collaborating with Mr. Gregory ) :
> > http://www.venusmeteorite.com/TVM-lot1-012a.jpg
> > http://www.venusmeteorite.com/bonus2.jpg
> >
> > Now, if you want to see a really good wrong:
> >
> http://meteorite-identification.com/images/wrong1.jpg
> >
> http://meteorite-identification.com/images/wrong2.jpg
> > best,
> > ken