[meteorite-list] Fake Moldavites

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 02:52:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear Zelimir and List Members,
  The fake moldavite is made from soda-lime glass and
a simple refractive index test is all that is required
to test it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soda-lime_glass

  I and the show owner were unaware of the fake
material being sold as moldavite otherwise the seller
would have been thrown out of the show.

Dirk Ross...Tokyo