[meteorite-list] Fake Moldavites

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:12:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone, I am finally getting back in order after
the Tokyo show, jet-lag has set me back a day or two.
One thing of note from the show, there is an explosion
of fake Moldavites being made in China now. We saw
several jewelery dealers selling them, incredible
perfect looking large pieces, all would be nearly
impossible to identify except the dealers were stupid
enough to put them all out at the same time.
They were mostly set in wire as pendants, and when put
side by side, you could clearly see them as identical,
made in a mold.
I have found one of the same on ebay right, at a very
high price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Czech-Moldavite-200-5-Carat-Green-Meteorite-Tektite_W0QQitemZ200179801535QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Watch out.
Michael Farmer