[meteorite-list] Mammoth Stew, just right

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:30:06 -0700 (MST)

Hi all:

I am not an expert in this subject, so maybe I should not say anything
(but I will anyway).

When something "just misses" the Earth, its orbit will get changed. I
would assume similar to Apophis, in 2029, that there is a very small
chance that a close approach would lead to an even closer approach in the
future, while it is more likely that the close approach will "send it on
its way," never to darken our doorstep again!

Larry

PS See what the close approach of Rosetta did for it