[meteorite-list] Angrite micrographs post NWA 4590

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:18:59 EST

Hi List, I have been moving from Idaho to Franklin, Tennessee (Yes I drove
through the huge ice storm!). Any list members from this area???? Want to
cut and polish some rocks?

I am swamped with boxes off the truck I returned Saturday but today I got a
new condenser from Beijing for the Fluoval. They were communist so the
coolest East German stuff ended up there. (I admit I am more into the scope
gadgets than even the rocks.) Anyway, I also got in the mail today a new batch of
thin sections from Jeff Hodges. The first one on the scope was NWA 4590
Angrite.

I haven't made a new post to the Meteorite Times Gallery in a while but I
will. These shots of the Angrite were taken at a magnification of 160X. Email
me and I will send them to you embedded in an email. No files to download
and open! Check it out!

Tom Phillips, STARSINTHEDIRT