[meteorite-list] Maskelynite-rich Eucrite Breccia NWA 4883 - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:24:55 -0500

Dear List Members,

I would like to announce a new and "unique" Maskelynite-rich Polymict
Eucrite Breccia, NWA 4883. It is a highly shocked eucrite that was first
thought to be paired to a known lunar meteorite and even looked lunar once
cut and the slices held next to two other known lunar meteorite samples. It
has clearish "crystals" popping out of the exterior, along with whitish
clasts to really fool the eye into thinking it "has" to be lunar. I should
name NWA 4883 "The Chameleon" because of the way it seems to mimic the
characteristics of true lunars!

Here are links to photos of two different NWA 4883 slices:
#1 http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4883/dsc00004.jpg
#2 http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4883/dsc00015.jpg

I have loaded all that there is available of NWA 4883 on eBay late last
night, most with "Buy it Now". This one won't last because of its beauty and
odd classification. Here is a direct link to just the NWA 4883 eBay
auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=%22nwa+4883%22

In addition to this very special offering, I have many other auctions ending
later this afternoon and can be seen at this link along with "The
Chameleon": http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvault

There are too many excellent auctions to highlight here, but it is worth
your time to check them out and pick up a great deal on a rare meteorite or
even 1-kilo or 500-gram lots!

Best regards and "Thank You" for looking at and/or bidding on my auctions.

Happy Holidays!

Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection