[meteorite-list] holy grail of martian meteorites

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:36:47 -0600

Hi Steve, Grail Purveyors, Listees,

The grail requires a romantic quest for something plausible yet not provable
nor obtainable. It must be legendary and miraculous and an object of only
the most religious passion, controversy, as well as a dark side of greed; be
erroneously linked with an excruciating pain at the hands of Romans. The
'holy' grail is only reputed to have existed as such, and is not very holy
at all, since the corresponding religion does not even recognize its divine
powers.

The Holy See would probably say the Crown Jewel of the Vatican's collection
is the 153g fusion-crusted NAKHLA fragment.

The meteorite, like the grail, is of minor significance. Proving what it
contains is the "crux" of the "matter". We're talking meteoritical chalice,
if He measured porosity (the trueist measure of holeyness in meteorites)
found partially incinerated blood of a dog diffusing into the pycnometer
chamber. An official collection label and peer-reviewed publication could
help sanctify it.

But once attained this would fall short of being the Holy Grail. Only he
who is valiant and of pure spirit may find the grail in the Castle
Aauugghh!!!
(and the Castle isn't a registered eBay user)
Doug

PS, So sacrilegious it had to be a dog :-(
Revenge for centuries of condemnation of pagan meteorite veneration?