[meteorite-list] Saw Blades - need help

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:21:06 -0500

Hi Christan and all,

Sorry if this appears twice.

The CBN meteorite blades (for iron meteorites) worked well in the
beginning but I have tried them off and on over the last few years and
they wear out super quick. My set-up for cutting has remained the same,
same saw and process but I used to get quite a few slices before wearing
out the blade. I have literally worn out a blade in a minute or two due
to the bad bonding of cutting material on the saw. I have even felt the
blade and parts are still sharp where other sections (usually large) are
smooth and worn or fallen off. If you buy some of those types just order
a couple so you don't waste your money.

Not good for stony material as it leaves far too much kerfing. A thin
diamond saw is best. Good luck and hope you find a reliable source for
your cutting. All my best!

--AL Mitterling