[meteorite-list] holy grail of martian meteorites

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:05:11 +0100

Hello all,

Funny enough, Wolfram von Eschenbach writes in his "Parzival" that the grail
is a stone!

Well, we'd say, if one wants to follow the conception of those grail epics,
the grail of the Martian meteorites should be either an unobtainable
(especially deliberately unaccessible) or a true wonder.

For the first case, certainly ALH 84001 is the grail,
for the second, and finally for the collector's world not so depressing, as
it is accessible,
is our personal martian grail, the in all aspects fantastic main mass of NWA
4766:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/35.782g-shergottite.jpg

Due to its shape, like a solifidication from a painting from Picasso, we
call it
the GUERNICA STONE.

Best!
Martin & Stefan