[meteorite-list] Possible New "BL" Meteorite - Plus some other cutephotos

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 14:04:05 -0800 (PST)

--- PolandMET <marcin at polandmet.com> wrote:
> Dean
> You have the same as my NWA 2826 LL5 (aka NWA 2053
> and many others)
> This is very good material, fresh, with many
> interesting inclusions, visible
> chondrules (thats why it should be LL5 not LL6) and
> very very large
> troilites (well visible on photos at rusty spots)

I think that you have just pointed out a problem in
general with classifying meteorites.
The piece that I sent in for classification wasnt
nearly as nice as the larger cut in my photo. I didnt
realize that it was so nice until yesterday when I
started cutting it up. If I had used a different
sample I would probably have gotten the different
classification.
Sincerely
DEAN