[meteorite-list] Darren, Paul, and the new item for the market

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:21:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

A common tactic people with limited intelligence use
when engaged in debate is to add insults to their
factual argument. The person attacked can respond to
the insults, and be seen as petty and nasty, or
respond to the argument, and leave the insults stand.

However personally painful, in the grand scheme of
things Paul and Darren's insults are really rather
trivial, and reflect more on their character and
intellects than on me and my works.

As for Paul and Hibbens and pre-Clovis, I'm sure
everyone here will remember the late Darrell Futrell,
and his theories on the lunar origin of tectites. He
used to write long pieces for us as well.

Interestingly, shortly before he passed, he asked me
if I would consider assembling his notes into book
form, even though he knew that I disagreed with him.

Now if Darren or Paul had of bothered looking at the
video, they would noticed that big layer of impactites
that marked the impacts of 10,900 BCE. This layer is
so large that scrapings from it could be boxed in
plastic boxes and sold, without harming the scientific
evidence of the impact(s). Perhaps there is some kind
of box with a molded magnifier on the lid, which would
allow the impact spherules to be seen?

That's going to be the dealers' problem. One problem
that I face is that this impact team has firm dates
for their impact layer at 10,900 BCE, while the radio
carbon dates for the abandonment of the Remington
quarry in Virginia were around 8,350 BCE. My current
guess is that what we're looking at is multiple
impacts by multiple comet fragments, and this may
explain the lack of a large crater at 10,900 BCE.

Another problem I have to deal with now is determining
exactly when the flow of the Pacific current changed
and brought an end to the ice age.

In other words, when did the Bering Straight open, and
why? I was always puzzled by how the Lenape survived
this hypothesized massive mega-tsunami, and except for
the insults, would thank Paul for his comments. All
that I have to go on now is what the Lenapewak
remembered - rushing waters (which I took for smaller
impact mega-tsunami), which they survived, followed by
cold.

In closing this note, I would like to point out the my
recitation of Hibben's data, including his hypothesis
for the volcanic origin of them, occupies exactly one
and a half pages of the 465 pages of "Man and Impact
in the Americas". The First Peoples' memories of the
Holocene start impacts take up 5 pages.

In future editions that page and a half from Hibbens
will be replaced with the new material from the
Holocene Impact Working Group.

Finally, as far as these impacts of the fragments of
Comet Encke at the start of the holocene, and what
appears to be their drastic effects on climate, I
doubt that either Paul or Darren will be of much use
in figuring out what occurred when. If they are, it
will come as a delightful surprise.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas
available through Mark Abbott,
if you want to try a trade,
or contact me off list for a signed copy
"Geopoetry!" - Paul