[meteorite-list] Strange Asteroids Baffle Scientists

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:20:15 +0100

Thanks Stirling,

Interesting relationships to the iron meteorites. I had naver considered
that they indicated so many large differentited bodies.

Is it not possible that one body may have an iron core that has a range
of nickel iron mixes thus producing several classes of iron meteorites
from the same source?. Surely a large core would have areas that cooled
at different rates producing fine and coarse irons with different
chemical makeups.

Graham