[meteorite-list] Some help with [Brenham] inclusions

From: jbaxter112 at pol.net <jbaxter112_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:03:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Martin and Berndt,

Here's an old article(thanks to Google)which implies that the original
article naming these lamellae, by Brezina in 1882, referred to thin
troilite plates oriented parallel to the cube planes of iron. They were
first described by Reichenbach in 1861. This article also implies that the
term has been subsequently used very loosely so that the original
definition has been blurred somewhat:

ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19670010172_1967010172.pdf

Best Wishes,
Jim Baxter