[meteorite-list] AD - LAST CALL - Major Collection Pieces for Sale - Updated - MUST SEE!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 00:23:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

Please note the update on what is still available from
my personal collection. I included minimal prices on
unsold items for those who are not quite sure what to
offer. As a matter of fact, I will accept the first
offer higher than the minimal amount. I also added a
thin-section to the NWA 998 Nakhlite. The
descriptions have been updated slightly so please be
sure to read them.

Even if you are not in the market, some of these
images are worth enjoying:

Don?t forget to check this week?s auctions!
All of the auctions can be seen at this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

SOLD
OLD WOMAN weathered 127gram individual - SOLD.
NWA1195 MARTIAN SHERGOTTITE ? 1.212 gram end cut -
SOLD
THE KING OF TEKTITES: Australian Button ? SOLD
NININGER 5-POINT STAR - SOLD

STILL AVAILABLE:

PLANETARY:
DHOFAR 910 LUNAITE - 4.86 Gram Complete Slice, check
out the vesicles first to offer over $4,000.00 take
it!
http://themeteoritesite.com/Dhofar910-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Dhofar910-b.jpg

ROSETTA STONE ? Dhofar 908 Lunaite - 1.212 Gram
Complete Slice displaying three or more lithologies!
This may be your last chance to get a piece of this
very desirable stone. First to offer over $1,200.00
takes it!
http://themeteoritesite.com/Rosetta.jpg

NWA 998 MARTIAN NAKHLITE PACKAGE: - .660 gram giant
fragment with outside surface. This is the largest
fragment I have left besides the main mass. The only
reason this is available is that it was dislodged by a
well-respected scientist taking an aliquot from the
main mass for dating purposes. BONUS: NWA 998
thin-section. This is the last one that I have
available and cost me $500.00 in material and
preparation costs. First to come of with a $1,000.00
offer takes both, the cheapest you will find a
Nakhlite anywhere, period!
http://themeteoritesite.com/NWA998.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/NWA998-Thinsection.jpg

ORIENTED MARTAIN SHERGOTTITE ? 32.3 gram nearly
completed crusted individual with flow-lines. This is
part of the recent discovery that has been on the
market lately. Unlike most dealers, this piece has
been confirmed along with 34 other very small
individuals in my collection by the University of
Washington, a type specimen has been deposited and a
unique number will be assigned when all of the
scientists return from Tucson. In the long run,
official stones are worth far more and it is very
expensive doing the right thing by donating 20% to
science. Please keep this in mind when making an
offer. I have only seen one other oriented stone
from this fall ever offered and sold for
$1,000.00/gram. It is very difficult to come up with a
complete stone not a fragment. The first offer over
$12,500.00 takes this world class specimen. That is
less than a $400.00 a gram for an official, oriented
and completely crusted planetary meteorite.
http://themeteoritesite.com/Martian-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Martian-b.jpg

NININGERS PERSONAL PRINTING PRESS, type sets, supplies
and printing plates. Among the plates are museum
logo, stardust, meteorite, tektite, Christmas, 4
return addresses, museum hours and the famous study
kit. Keep in mind that it will cost around $800.00 to
ship ~700 Lbs of equipment and type sets in the U.S.
including pallet. It really belongs in a museum. I
wanted to keep it in the U.S. is the main reason I
acquired it otherwise it would be overseas right now.
I promised the previous owner I would try to keep the
entire collection together so I am offering this way.
I have been offered $3,200.00 for Nininger?s American
Meteorite Museum logo alone but cannot separate it
from the rest of the collection. Any reasonable offer
accepted. I am into it for over $5,500.00 including
shipping.
http://themeteoritesite.com/PressView2.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/PressView3.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/MuseumStamp1.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Meteorite.jpg

GORGEOUS Completely Crusted and Thumb-printed
Chondrite - 1.3 Kilograms with small polished window.
First offer of $750.00 takes this beautiful example.
This is less than what I paid for it.
http://themeteoritesite.com/BigStone-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/BigStone-b.jpg

MILBILLILLIE ORIENTED EUCRITE from A Witnessed Fall ?
557.5 gram 97% Plus Crusted and Oriented Individual.
Has the added attraction of multiple lip-overs meaning
that it stabilized more than once during its
hypervelocity flight through our atmosphere. The only
small un-crusted area is on the bottom covered with
the provenance proving red clay. First offer over
$4,000.00 takes it. This amounts to only $7.17/gram,
much cheaper than what is being asked for Eucrites
from Northwest Africa and this is from a witnessed
fall!
http://themeteoritesite.com/Milbillillie-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Millbillillie-d.jpg

Thank you for looking.