[meteorite-list] NWA 4560 (LL3.1)....Rusty Gujba

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:01:16 +0100

Hi Jeff and all,

Thanks for the link to photographs and info about this great meteorite.
I got a 21g slice of this from Marcin in Ensisheim which shows all that
you describe and more. Thanks for letting us know it has been
reclassified as LL3.1. I thoroughly reccommend it.
Just been enjoying studying it again and comparing it with your pictures
and notes. Mine has several ares which are darker/black and I find it
difficult to make my mind up if they are chondrule fields or shocked
inclusions...the chondrules are still very well defined with no flow
showing.! There are also lighter inclusions in which the chondrules are
much more broken and undefined.

A stunning meteorite...one of the favorites in my collection.

Also thanks to all those that suggested advice for looking after my
Gujba slice...I am going to try the least drastic first and polish out
the small rusty blemishes, before displaying it in a dryer environment
out of the membrane box.

Regards

Graham Ensor Nr Barwell UK