[meteorite-list] holocene start impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:10:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul -

Thanks for the note:

http://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp?cntn_id=109768&org=NSF&from=news

Now why didn't this layer show up in those alaskan
muck studies which you cited to us? For that matter,
why didn't the signs of the known landslide and
seismically caused mega-tsunamis show up in them? My
guess is that it was inadequate attention to detail;
as the saying goes...

Of course, you can read a few of the First Peoples
accounts of the holocene start impacts in my book
Man and Impact in the Americas. Aside from the rock
solid science, my book also makes a great gift for any
Native American friends that you may have.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas
available from Mark Abbott