[meteorite-list] Lightning, stars and a meteor

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:00:36 -0600

Hi all,

Yes, I still read the list from time to time and thought you all might
enjoy the image I took last night from our astro club's dark site here
in Colorado. We had a strong lightning storm off to the east but stars
above so I was trying to get a few lightning shots. As I was shooting a
meteor, most likely a Perseid, streaked above the storm. Here's the
link. Hope to get more tonight if the monsoons will hold off a bit longer.

http://gallery.gmayfield.com/scenic/lightning_meteor81107

Ginger