[meteorite-list] Possibility of an impact near Yuba City, California

From: Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:45:50 -0400

Just to inform everyone who may not have heard of this yet, there's a
strong possibility
of an air burst or maybe even an impact SSE of Yuba City, Ca. as reported
on the meteorobs (meteor observation) list. Does anyone here know anything
about
this, or have any further information to offer?

Following are 2 clips from emails from the meteorobs list:

I am in Northern California about 35 miles North of Sacramento. You can see
my location on a map as the front door to my website at:
http://geocities.com/stange34 at sbcglobal.net/index
I will put up a good picture of it with azimuth & altitude scaling later
today on my website. The Fireball was traveling VERY, VERY slow.... it took
3.66 seconds just to get as far as ut us shown on the composite image. I
have made a QuikTime .mov file of it coming down(?) before it went behind
the trees on my horizon. I have no way to show the folks here, but I can
send a copy to anyone that CAN put it up for viewing...... Both a copy of
the composite (still) image and the .mov file have been sent to KCRA
channel 3 in Sacramento if they want to use it. The coincidence of the
shimmering bursts of light EXACTLY at the possible impact azimuth point
apprx. 1 minute later was to coincidental not to mention the impactor
possibility. It is only a possibility without further corrobration.
I will record it in NAMN & AMS later too.
YCSentinel

The Fireball & its IMPACT are recorded here on the HandyAvi system too!.
It shows the impact flash within split seconds of the Fireball coming in.
When I glanced at the wall clock & computer clock I thought it had
minutes... IT WAS SECONDS and the HandyAvi shows we DO have an IMPACTOR or
one MASSIVE AERIAL EXPLOSION.
YCSentinel

Mal