[meteorite-list] AD - Major Items from My Personal Collection - Make Offers!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:00:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

Check out these rare offerings from my personal
collection. If you find something of interest, please
make me a reasonable offer. I have enjoyed these
items for some time but now I have to let some go so
as to stay on budget, mainly with my insurance company
who will no longer cover my entire collection at
reasonable costs even though most everything is in
safes.

Even if you are not in the market, some of these
images are worth enjoying:

NININGERS PERSONAL PRINTING PRESS, type sets, supplies
and printing plates. Among the plates are museum
logo, stardust, meteorite, tektite, Christmas, 4
return addresses, museum hours and the famous study
kit. Keep in mind that it will cost around $800.00 to
ship ~700 Lbs of equipment and type sets in the U.S.
including pallet. It really belongs in a museum. I
wanted to keep it in the U.S. is the main reason I
acquired it otherwise it would be overseas right now.
I promised the previous owner I would try to keep the
entire collection together so I am offering this way.
I have been offered $3,200.00 for Nininger?s American
Meteorite Museum logo alone but cannot separate it
from the rest of the collection.
http://themeteoritesite.com/PressView2.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/PressView3.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/MuseumStamp1.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Meteorite.jpg

THE KING OF TEKTITES: Australian Button Tektite; the
most perfect specimen I have ever seen with shock
rings, 100% rim, no cracks and perfect symmetry. I
have only seen one similar to this outstanding
specimen for sale in the last six years. I have over
$1,400.00 into trade for this specimen so please make
reasonable offers only.
http://themeteoritesite.com/Button-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Button-b.jpg

GORGEOUS Completely Crusted and Thumb-printed
Chondrite - 1.3 Kilograms with small polished window.
http://themeteoritesite.com/BigStone-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/BigStone-b.jpg

DHOFAR 910 LUNAITE - 4.86 Gram Complete Slice, check
out the vesicles!
http://themeteoritesite.com/Dhofar910-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Dhofar910-b.jpg

ROSETTA STONE ? Dhofar 908 Lunaite - 1.212 Gram
Complete Slice displaying three or more lithologies!
This may be your last chance to get a piece of this
very desirable stone.
 http://themeteoritesite.com/Rosetta.jpg

NININGER 5-POINT STAR made from spheroids. Only about
one a year ever comes on the market. I have over
$1,000.00 into a trade on this one. The least I have
ever seen one go for was over $500.00 several years
back. These are in high demand with some collectors
waiting years to acquire one.
http://themeteoritesite.com/NiningerStar-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/NiningerStar-b.jpg

MILBILLILLIE ORIENTED EUCRITE from A Witnessed Fall ?
557.5 gram 97% Plus Crusted and Oriented Individual.
Has the added attraction of multiple lip-overs meaning
that it stabilized more than once during its
hypervelocity flight through our atmosphere.
http://themeteoritesite.com/Milbillillie-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Millbillillie-d.jpg

NWA 998 MARTIAN NAKHLITE - .660 gram giant fragment
with outside surface. This is the largest fragment I
have left besides the main mass. The only reason this
is available is that it was dislodged by a
well-respected scientist taking an aliquot from the
main mass for dating purposes.
http://themeteoritesite.com/NWA998.jpg

NWA1195 MARTIAN SHERGOTTITE ? 1.212 gram end cut, the
largest intact piece I have left to offer as the main
mass will remain in our collection.
http://themeteoritesite.com/NWA1195-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/NWA1195-b.jpg

ORIENTED MARTAIN SHERGOTTITE ? 32.3 gram nearly
completed crusted individual with flow-lines. This is
part of the recent discovery that has been on the
market lately. Unlike most dealers, this piece has
been confirmed along with 34 other very small
individuals in my collection by the University of
Washington, a type specimen has been deposited and a
unique number will be assigned when all of the
scientists return from Tucson. In the long run,
official stones are worth far more and it is very
expensive doing the right thing by donating 20% to
science. Please keep this in mind when making an
offer. I have only seen one other oriented stone
from this fall ever offered and it is very difficult
to come up with a complete stone not a fragment.
http://themeteoritesite.com/Martian-a.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Martian-b.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Best Regards,