[meteorite-list] Family Claims Meteorite Fell InTheirCourtyardinIndia

From: barrat at univ-brest.fr <barrat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:28:30 +0200

Hi Chris,

Sorry, but a sentence like "I wonder if there's a single "scientist" in India
who knows a thing about meteoritics?" is extremely shocking.

I am nearly sure that you can meet "scientists" as you described everywhere in
the world, i.e. in Europa of course, and probably in USA as well! But they are
not scientists!!! To answer to your question, you can be sure that you can find
more than one meteoricist in India!!!

Jean-Alix Barrat
Professor of Geochemistry at UBO-IUEM
Vice-President of the CNFG (French National committee of Geology)