[meteorite-list] Nut finds fake meteorite with fake technology!

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:54:54 -0500

Hello Francis, you can buy one of Dr. Hieronymus' machines here for $600, if
you want to do further experimentation:
http://www.lifetechnology.org/hieronymus.htm

The concept the machine is based on, that each body has a UNIQUE (quantum)
frequency is quite wrong IMO as we know that spectrographic analysis will
break it into its component frequencies if we really want a scientific
fingerprint.

So I will be even more generous than you and say in the best circumstance
the machine is just a glorified metal detector discrimination circuit, where
the user finds the point the object detected becomes nulled and that upon
nulling a signal this sends a static electric charge on the plate that makes
it stick to your fingers. That would be a timely electrical circuit to
patent in
1948...

Of course, if you rotate even slightly the object, this null will change, so
I fail to see what could be unique about the 'frequency', and consider the
claim that a single object if cut in half will have an affinity for it's
other half a claim on par with using an EM detector to find poltergeists.
Of course if you start out by believing poltergeists have EM fields then it
will detect EM fields and you can interpret this as you like, but this might
lead some to circular reasoning in which the conclusion is assumed
illogically.

Is this G. Harry Stine my same childhood hero who wrote the Handbook of
Model Rocketry that I checked out of my secondary school library and slept
with for weeks, learning how to triangulate model rockets - same as we do
for meteorites? I would love to get his take on this if he is still around
as he was extremely well versed in the subject.

Best wishes and Great Health,
Doug