[meteorite-list] wire saw comment

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:23:57 -0700

Matteo,
        Whether it is a language problem (pretty much
Impossible in this particular instance) or just another
Example of your ongoing, "my dad can beat up your
Dad," the result is the same: the time and interest
Of readers of the List were wasted.
        Unfortunate.
        Note to all List readers and readers of METEORITE
TIMES:
        I stand by my statements in the August addition of
"Meteorite Market Trends" regarding the exceptionally
High cost of wire saws. My research was based on the comments
Of multiple well known & honest meteorite dealers, reported
Prices paid by Bob Haag, Marlin Cills and others, people who
Have looked into various sources for wire saws, and my own research
Of companies offering wire saws both in the US and Europe.
        Though Matteo claimed my comments were boldershash,
His basis was a common saw using a medium thin blade which
1) produces a massive curf (loss of material where the blade removes
Material, and, therefore, a massive loss of weight when making
Ultra thin slices.
2) he supplied the entire list with a photo of his "wire saw" which
Was a common rock saw and referred in his "report" to using
"blades." (not wires).
        This was all an unfortunate waste of list time and interest
And I apologies for falling for the bait, as I, like so many, would
LOVE to have a wire saw if they could be had for under $1,000!
        Again, I apologize for any part I played in this fiasco and
Waste of reader's time.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 8/6/07 3:24 AM, M come Meteorite Meteorites at info at mcomemeteorite.it

--
"Those who would give up essential freedoms for security,
deserve neither freedom nor security."