[meteorite-list] Possible Computer Virus

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:55:49 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2007 11:28:00 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
david.carothers at verizon.net writes:

The odds are great that Anne's system is NOT infected. Most worms and
Trojan Horses today spoof the sender email address as a means of hiding where it
actually came from.

Maintain your antvirus/antispam/antispyware software.

Dave Carothers

Thank you Dave, Dirk, Piper, Matt and all, for the suggestions and moral
support.

Following advices, I downloaded (and installed) all available Norton updates
all over again, and ran a complete scan of every files in my computer all
over again. And again Norton found nothing. My computer has a clean bill of
health. So, apparently, the List has been invaded by a gremlin with a rotten
sense of humor, just as Dave and Piper thought.
I suppose it is a good time to remember not to attach anything to emails. I
know I certainly will not; unless you specifically ask me for something, a
picture for instance, but then I promise you that the email and the subject
line will clearly refer to it.
I sincerely hope that this will help.
Again thank you for your patience.

Anne M. Black