[meteorite-list] Cali #001, ~80 gram hammerstone in my hands.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:08:16 -0700 (PDT)

Greeting from Colombia.

As you all know, I reported that I lost the Cali #001
meteorite to someone from Spain. It turns out that was
not true. I was lied to by the homeowner, who was
scared and tired of the publicity. To my relief and
anger at the same time, she called me on Tuesday and
said that she still had the stone, and wanted to sell
to me. We came to a price, and I am dead serious, it
is enough to buy a new car in the USA! She wanted me
to wire the money and then she would FedEx the stone,
I told her that she was nuts! I flew down to Colombia
yesterday and just minutes ago, in a secure location,
I bought the stone, and the two pieces of rooftop that
go with it. I am ecstatic to have in my and Robert
Ward's hands, all four of the Cali house-crashing
meteorites!
I must return home and sort out the issue of the
stone, but most of it is spoken for already. I want
the largest pieces to remain with the rooftop. One is
metallic and one if the ceramic tile. I do possibly
foresee about 3 or 4 grams of this stone being
available, but it is not guaranteed.
Someone who wants to offer an insane amount of money
can by all means email me, but with the price I paid
and a last minute first class ticket to Colombia (all
that was available until next week) and a secure 5
star hotel, and related expenses, I have a small
fortune into this small stone.
The homeowner and her family are now much richer, and
are going to start a business with the money. I am
happy for them, but amazed at how she extorted me:)
Very smart woman.

I am going to be hiding out here in Colombia for a few
days, trying to avoid getting shot, so I won't be
walking the streets where the meteorite fell, but I am
still coordinating with the locals for more pieces
should any be found. Until now, nothing new, so we are
still at ~270 grams total known weight.

Michael Farmer