[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space POD 7-27

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:02:52 +0200

> Got any thin section micrographs of that meteorite yet?

Not yet, but as soon as possible, we will show some here.

>Anyone recall seeing another meteorite with that texture?
I personally not yet so far.

But we will make some of this material accessible to the collector.

Best!
Stefan & Martin
Chladni's Heirs

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
That's an unusual texture, I think the geologists call it spherulitic -
indicative of rapid cooling.

Here's an example of a similar texture in Apollo rock 60017:

http://ser.sese.asu.edu/cgi-bin/DPSC_Data.pl?search=1&rock=60017&piece=&size
=&slide=&coments=