[meteorite-list] Old/New Hammer

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:57:51 +0100

Hi Mike,

Interesting account...another meteorite to hit a tree.

This brings back a discussion on the list when I called the Mokoia I
acquired a "hammer" because it hit a tree. Several people on the list
disagreed and thought that a hammer needed to hit a man made
object/surface to qualify as a hammer. A long list of alternative and
amusing names were then conjured up by list members for tree hitters. I
thought that an "axe" seemed to fit the theme the best!

Such stories/history of meteorites all add to their appeal.

Good luck.

Graham Ensor nr Barwell UK