[meteorite-list] Presenting my 50mm Dronino Sphere

From: David & Kitt Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:12:35 -0500

I just finished working on my 4th iron meteorite sphere and I was pleasantly
surprised at how interesting it turned out.

Originally I just wanted and Ataxite Sphere and there were not a lot of
affordable options so I selected Dronino because it had those neat little
sulfide inclusions.

I know most people display highly polished ataxite slices but I always
planned to etch this sphere and once I did I realized it was the right
choice, this material has the holographic effect that most octahedrites have
and there are some inclusions that retained their mirror polish even after
it was etched.

I assume these are schreibersite????

Here is a picture of it:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/SPDronino.jpg

And here is a link to my site that has pictures of my entire collection, the
"Whole Collection" photo has not been updated but there are individual
pictures of most of my spheres.

http://home.ec.rr.com/bobadebt/50mil.htm

Let me know what you think :)