[meteorite-list] AD - eBay - not Zagora(!), similar to NWA 2680(?) or a new iron...

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:24:33 +0200

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpema9

Hello All,

As most of you know, a few kilos of small iron meteorites were bought
in Morocco by Dean Bessey about 3 years ago. The meteorites were
bought as Zagora iron meteorites but when cut and etched some of them
revealed a very unusual pattern showing clearly that they were not
Zagora?s. Zagora has a different etch pattern, e.g. the
Widmannstaetten lines in Zagora show a wideness of one millimeter and
more, the ones in this new iron are less than 0.2 mm! This unusual
iron meteorite looks similar to NWA 2680, a rare ungrouped silicated
Octahedrite IAB, but this is only a visual similarity and further
studies have to be done. The winning bidder will be informed as soon
as we have more results. This new iron shows a stunnig pattern and is
without doubt a visually very attractive meteorite. Because it is
impossible to tell from the outside of the meteorite whether or not
it is Zagora or the new iron, we had this metorite masterly cut
(really not an easy task!), polished, etched and photographed by Marc
Jost, Spacejewels, Switzerland.

We have now nine small meteorite halves on ebay. Please have a look:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpema9

Thank you,
Peter

BTW: There's also a small part slice of Zagami and a stunning wire
brushed 1908 g Gibeon individual...

MARMET-METEORITES
Peter Marmet
Bern, Switzerland, IMCA #2747