[meteorite-list] Meteorite smugglers anger scientists

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:28:46 -0500

Hello Jeff, List,

That does appear to deserve a second serious look for the concerned, and I
assume the Bulletin Supplement isn't included (which basically ignores the
classification work, coordinate recording and compositional publication as
science that counts). Of course these are for classified meteorites and
nothing much can be formally done for those unclassified or questionably
classified where the true problem exists.

Just to clarify this obvious discrepancy, if we subtract Alan Hills 84001
can you say what the Antarctic totals recounted come out to?

Thanks for stepping up and your viewpoint is respected and welcomed.
Best Health and Kind Wishes,
Doug