[meteorite-list] Meteorite smugglers anger scientists

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

Um, not even close! While I have been fortunate in the
past with some purchases, these days, it is no longer
profitable for me to go to Morocco, thus, last year I
was only there two times in conjunction with European
trips. Moroccans now want $10-$20 gram for Eucrites, I
can pay less for known names. They want $5-$10 gram
for Carbonaceous chondrites, I can buy Allende, a
witnessed fall for less.
The last Lunar from Morocco that I was offered was
offered to me for more than $150,000. I can buy a new
home in America for that price. The Moroccans want too
much, they make 100,0005 profit and expect me to shell
out $100,000 to make $5000 in profit in a year or two
time if I am lucky. It is no longer good for me, thus
I no longer go to Morocco. The market will even out in
time.
Michael Farmer