[meteorite-list] Is EBAY bidding fixed?

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:00:12 -0700

       Hi Dave,

    I don't think my analysis of the EBAY situation is silly at all. There
is no reason to artificially up the price of an item. What I do is wait
until the last 30 seconds or so and then pop in and place a bid. I have
always won, but unfortunately I pay a higher price than necessary because
someone has bid over and over again *for no apparent reason*. They're not
scaring anyone away by doing this. They just make the item cost a ton more.
    Again, I ask why?

    Greg Lindh