[meteorite-list] To whom it may concern........

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:51:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

It is with sadness and regret that I am writing today.
I've been thinking about this for some time now, and
today I have made my final decision. Let me explain.

Due to certain personalities in this hobby I have
grown more and more disenchanted with meteorites,
meteorite collecting and meteorite hunting.

Also, in February I was told by my dermatologist to
stay out of the sun. This is because of non-cancerous
lesions that have appeared on my face and hands over
the last year. According to him my attempts at
covering up are not working. Since I am allergic to
sun block I am pretty much out of luck.

I?ve always said that when this hobby ceased being fun
I?d cease doing it. I?m done.

To make a long story short, I have already taken down
my website and will remove myself from this forum
a.s.a.p. I will no longer write about meteorites or
meteorite hunting. I am walking away from all the
trouble and trouble makers. It?s just not worth it.
Unfortunately, I?ll also leave behind the fun and
excitement that I used to have when finding meteorites
with my son, or teaching a newbie.

I will honor any deals or agreements regarding
meteorites that I?ve made in the past.

Don't feel sorry for me or my son though. I?m sure
that we'll start doing all the things normal Fathers
and Sons do. Diamondbacks and Suns games here we come!

Thanks to everyone that helped make the last 9 years
enjoyable.

Goodbye,

Ruben Garcia

Ruben Garcia