[meteorite-list] good meteorwrong e-mail

From: Randy Korotev <korotev_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:40:11 -0500

I received this well-written e-mail yesterday from a woman whom I
think I'd like to meet:

"Apropos of Meteorwrong #101 where you mention the quandary about the
provenance of softball-sized terrestrial rocks that fall from the
sky, I have a story that may shed light on at least one possible source.

Many years ago a friend and his buddies, who were michievous lads in
a rural area, found an old yoke from a lawnmower. Pondering what to
do with such a find, he came up with the idea of making a giant
slingshot. They found some truly huge rubber bands and collected a
stash of appropriate sized stones, and they managed to rig up the
device in an abandoned field outside town. They disported themselves
on a fine morning by launching their missiles idly into the air until
they became bored, then wandered off in search of fresh amusement.

The next day, there was a story in the local paper about a mysterious
hail of rocks from the sky. No one was hurt, but several cars
suffered some damage."

Randy Korotev