[meteorite-list] FW: Re: Kalahari Lunar

From: debfred at att.net <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:14:33 +0000

 debfred at att.net wrote:

 Randy and List, Last July Chauncey Walden and I drove all the way around the
reported find location of these Kalahari Lunars. This part of the Central Kalahari Nature
Reserve (national not private) is not a sandy desert like those far to the north or the Namib to the west. In this location is the ground is almost totally covered in knee high grass and scattered trees. We did not see any igneous rocks in this area in fact there are not many rocks of any type in this area. If I remember correctly it is part of the worlds largest body of sand. So any rock would look odd and stand out. I know it was totally different from what I had envisioned and hoped for. Tough area to hunt meteorites. Much better for photographing lions and cheetah.
 Regards, Fred Olsen, Denver