[meteorite-list] using meteor trails

From: ted brattstrom <volcanoted_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 18:36:56 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha -

Just a quick check here - how many list members are hams?

de NH6YK - ted Brattstrom

part 2

BTW, the "new" ham technique is using one of the JT series of software encoding -the old ham technique was voice/cw/hscw (record your morse, accelerate the tape - send - record whatever you hear, slow it down to decode...) Packet was the "new" for the 80's/90's...
Works well on 50MHz, 144MHz, 222MHz and 432MHz - and it has been in the books for a few decades using broadcast FM from over the horizon as a way of counting meteors - and identifying meteor showers that happen during daylight hours.

It also works when you bounce signals off the ionization trail of the re-entering space shuttle.

73 and aloha - ted

Gerald Flaherty <grf2 at verizon.net> wrote: http://www.pingjockey.net/
List if you haven't heard of this "new" HAM technique I thought I'd pass it
along.
I'm a HAM and one of my buddies told me about this technique this
evening.Using 2 meter radio[which is usually line of sight], and utilizing
the continuous "bombardment" of micro meteorites this program allows long
distance communication at a rate of 950wpm[an expert code sender/receiver
can negotiate 100wpm] by interfacing computer keyboard with Morse code
translator and transmitter.
A "Blue Blazer"[a minute or more meteor trail] allows longer continuous
communication.
Now if WE could only use their savvey to identify and follow up on all their
Blazers, we'd be able to be on the scene of major and "seconary" falls in a
heartbeat?
Jerry Flaherty IMCA# 1405

TV dinner still cooling?